FG News:
Master’s Moratorium CCoE and FG will not host any official visits April 3-10 during the week of the Master's Tournament.  ...Read More... For the latest Ft. Gordon News visit www.gordon.army.mil  ...Read More... Master's Moratorium CCoE and FG are employing visit moratoriums April 3-10 during the week of the Master's Tournament.  ...Read More... For the latest Ft. Gordon News visit www.gordon.army.mil  ...Read More...

Brigade Contact

Phone: 706-791-9177 (Staff Duty)
Fax: 706-791-4763

Jones Hall
808 Barnes Ave.
BLDG 21710
Fort Gordon, GA 30905-5298

PAO/Webmaster:

706-791-2045

usarmy.gordon.513-mi-bde.list.pao@mail.mil

PDF  

HOME

513th Military Intelligence Brigade

             ellis cropped             CSM Davis                                                 

                                                 

          BDE CDR: COL Deborah M. Ellis           BDE CSM:  CSM Jason C. Davis



 The 513th MI Brigade was constituted in the Regular Army as the 513th Military Intelligence Service Group on October 22, 1952, and activated on January 15, 1953, at Oberursel, Germany, as a subordinate command of U.S.  Army Europe.
The Group reorganized and redesignated as the 513th Military Intelligence Group on October 20, 1953, and subsequently assumed command and control of numerous subordinate elements and field stations located throughout West Germany. The Group again reorganized and redesignated as the 513th Military Intelligence Corps Group on July 25, 1961, and later redesignated again as the 513th Military Intelligence Group. The Group performed its mission of intelligence collection and counterespionage in support of United States Army Europe until its inactivation on June 25, 1969.

The Group reactivated at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey, on October 10, 1982, and assumed the mission of providing intelligence support to the Third United States Army and the United States Army Central Command (ARCENT). The Group redesignated as the 513th Military Intelligence Brigade on October 3, 1986, under the Army of Excellence program. Elements of the brigade and the brigade headquarters deployed to Southwest Asia in 1990 in support of Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. In what was to become The Persian Gulf War, the brigade eminently fulfilled its wartime mission and provided full-spectrum intelligence support to U. S. Army Central Command, winning three Southwest Asian Service battle streamers.
The 513th Military Intelligence Brigade relocated to Fort Gordon, Ga., in Spring 1994. On May 20, 1997, the Brigade assumed the additional mission of intelligence support to United States Army South (USARSO), in accordance with its designation as INSCOM's Force Projection Brigade-East after the inactivation of the 470th MI Brigade in Panama.

The 513th deployed forces to Southwest Asia in support of Operation DESERT FOX in December 1998. In May 1999, forward deployed elements of the brigade's 204th MI Battalion redeployed from Panama back to Fort Bliss,Texas, while other brigade elements began phased movement to Puerto Rico aspart of USARSO's historic move from Panama. The 513th MI BDE focused solely on the Central Command (CENTCOM) Area of Operations after the reactivation of the 470th MI BDE and their resumption of responsibilities in support of USARSO.

The 513th MI BDE deployed again in support of Operation Enduring Freedom following the 9/11 attacks and Operation Iraqi Freedom as integral intelligence support for the invasion of Iraq. In the summer of 2014, the 513th deployed again into Baghdad in response to the increased threat from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

As a theater intelligence brigade, the 513th MI BDE is ADCON to INSCOM, Forces For CENTCOM and OPCON to USARCENT. The Vigilant Knights maintain a consistent presence in the CENTCOM AOR providing multi-INT collection and
analytic support as the unified land and cyber domain anchor point for intelligence operations. 

                                                                               

                                                          "Strong Partners!"